13.1.11

Lecture #1 - A Grand Tour of the Heavens

Introductory Astronomy ~Lecturer; Prof. Robert Nemiroff
Classroom recorded at MTU (Michigan Technological University)

Lecture #1 of 25 - A Grand Tour of the Heavens

Prof. Nemiroff is editor and author for NASA's APOD (Astronomy picture of the day) Website as well as Astronomy and Physics lecturer at MTU (Michigan Technological University). He has allowed this course to be shared for which I can provide credit for if needed.

REMEMBER: if you want the qualification you must sign up for the course and take the tests.
Most Universities/Colleges provide similar courses but if you want this one specifically, please visit the Michigan Tech Website for information on enrolling as a student.

This video, I provide solely for the purpose of spreading knowledge about this wonderful subject and enlightening the world.

You can find this video and others like it in it's proper context at our Facebook based Astronomy and Cosmology magazine;


6 comments:

  1. Please, I would like to understand the lecture, but have difficulty understanding English. How sujestão: could I write the legend, can be in English because understand English when it is written. I am Brazilian, I am now learning their language.

    Thank you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Claudia and thanks for your post.
    I have to say I'm sorry as I think there aren't any scripts for these lectures that I know of, and they only play in English.

    I would also think that if you would like to study some astronomy, seriously. Then to really understand what's going on and to understand the concepts you should find a similar course in a language you are comfortable with :) There must be some available through Google or on Youtube maybe :)
    Good luck and sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    I do not dominate the English have always had difficulty. In college I did French and Spanish. But I'm trying, last year I did an online course that helps me at the read or write.
    I have no facility with phonetics, lack of daily use. But English is one of the easiest to learn its grammar is simple, unlike the Portuguese and other languages that comes from the Latin.
    Thank you, you will oblige me to speak fluent English.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Kit, that's not really allowed. But these video's are up here permanently so you merely need to bookmark the main menu page and away you go! :)

    Have fun and enjoy learning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, thank you very much...

    by the way, do you know some sites or blogspots like yours that have videos where I can learn math and/or physics?

    ReplyDelete